Archive Page 2
I love technology and it is funny how it can help your marriage. I am not talking about sex toys so get your mind out of the gutter. I have come to realize that some technology can make a marriage better. Here are my technology tips for marriage.
- Have multiple computers in the house. It is so much easier for when you both need to work on school stuff or keep with the latest new story or blog post. Set aside some time for computer related activities each night or on some sort of schedule. My wife uses our laptop and I use my desktop downstairs. It works out great. We seem happier than if we are each nagging on each other for the computer.
- Take pictures of memorable events with a digital camera. I posted earlier about taking cool, untraditional wedding pictures. These tips can be applied to your everyday life as well. Take pictures of fun events or funny events. Photos last a long time in their digital form. Make sure you back them up because it can be devastating if you have a hard drive fail on your computer.
- The electric crock pot. Seriously, this thing rocks in our house. Throw some meat in it with some potatoes and carrots and you will have a meal with little to no work. Stress free cooking for the both of us. Plus your house can smell great if you let it slow cook over night.
- New dishwashers rock. We still have the first one we ever bought but it still is sweet. We will be buying another one someday. This takes away the stress of doing the dishes by hand. I do not think I could ever go with out one again.
There are plenty more ideas for how technology makes the world and marriages go around. I am sure I will follow up with other posts on the subject. Feel free to leave comments on how you see technology applying to marriage.
We have some ideas for some fun, untraditional or nontraditional wedding photos. weddings are fun. Let your personalities fly on the big day. The Wedding pictures are what you can look back on.
Here are a few ideas:
- Take the wedding party to a playground and climb all over the jungle gym.
- Have everybody jump on the count of three and have the picture snapped while everyone is either in the air or making funny faces.
- Have candid photos taken while your wedding party is just hanging out or walking around.
- Keep an eye on the flower girl and ring bearer for quote pictures.
- Have the bride “dip” the husband.
- Drive around a town and look for cool photo opts like old buildings, police station, or parks.
- Pictures by the water are great as well. standing on the dock looking to the water.
These are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Remember to have fun. Please feel free to add more tips in the comments. We are already married but we sure love to take fun pictures.
Guys, Make sure you really emphasize on the manly side of men when it comes to ministering to them. It seems like men are being feminized in churches today. Men need manly Ministry. Go out and shoot some targets with guns. Have a grilling get together. Go mudding with trucks or four wheelers.
Guys need to spend time with other guys. It opens up our hard, shielded souls to talk about manly issues. We need to hear how other guys struggle with the same things. We need to get advice about how to handle an issue at home with the wife or kids.
Have a bible study out in the woods where it is peaceful. Get out of the house and get away from the bustle of life to talk about manly things. I love hanging out with my friends. A cup of coffee to discuss issues fits me just right.
Ask the guys in your group to give you some good suggestions for events to do. this will go along ways to developing a manly fellowship time. Men need to talk and we tend to keep it all inside. Hanging out with each other will help kinder this spirit of openness and allow us to talk about things that seem weak for men.
go ahead and try some of these tips and ideas. I realize that there is no rhyme or reason to this post. It is something that has been on my mind for quite sometime and I just let it flow.
Please leave some comments on what you think or what you do for Manly Ministry events.
You are currently browsing the BrauchTalk weblog archives.
- Relationships can drift when life gets busy
- A Great Baby Site for Reviews and Tips
- The “Tiger Woods Dilemma” For Normal Men
- Technology Tips For Marriage
- Cool, Untraditional Wedding Photos
- Men’s Ministry should be Manly Ministry
- Are you ready to have kids?
- Been Away For A While
- Will you be stimulating the economy with your Stimulus Check?
- 5 Things Women Say and Here Is What They Really Mean
- Advice (25)
- Books (2)
- Children (3)
- Decisions (16)
- Faith (11)
- Finances (1)
- Fun (11)
- Gifts (4)
- Happiness (13)
- How To (9)
- Humor (1)
- Kids (2)
- Love (16)
- Marriage (26)
- Men (1)
- Ministry (3)
- Puggats (3)
- Quotes (3)
- Randomness (2)
- Relationships (30)
- School (3)
- Stories (11)
- Technology (5)
- Tips (4)
- Videos (1)
- Weddings (1)
- Women (1)
- Worship (1)